Specialty Metals Smelters & Refiners has provided the jewelry, electronic, mining and industrial sectors with fast, reliable and honest service for over a third of a century. We pride ourselves on our fast turnarounds and accurate results.
Our honesty and knowledge of the precious metal refining process allows us to give you the highest possible return on your material and allows us to build a long lasting relationship with you.
Specialty Metals Smelters & Refiners is a member of the following organizations:
International Precious Metal Institute (IPMI)
National Pawnbrokers Association
National Association of Dental Laboratories
We are also listed with:
Better Business Bureau (Click Here)
Dunn & Bradstreet (DUNN # 156667383)
The Jewelers Board of Trade
We specialize in the recycling of karat gold jewelry scrap; dental scrap containing gold, silver, and other precious metals; gold filled and plated watch scrap and optical scrap; scrap sterling silver flatware, hollowware and jewelry; silver coins of all kinds; silver flake from film processing; silver nitrates; platinum thermocouple wire, crucibles and labware; gold, silver and platinum group metal sputtering targets; electronic and computer scrap; industrial catalyst and automotive catalytic converters. We will process and recycle almost any material containing precious metals.
Follow our blog for periodic updates regarding precious metals and news
Click here to view our current terms
- Please complete our online materials submission form.
- We accept packages from all of the major carriers, including: United States Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS), FedEx, FedEx Ground, DHL and Brinks. You are welcome to choose any carrier that is convenient for you.
- For faster, guaranteed shipping, we recommend UPS or FedEx one or two day services.
- For high value shipments (over $5,000), we recommend USPS Registered Mail.
- All shipments should require a signature for delivery for your protection.
- All material should be bagged with similar material and clearly labeled (i.e. - karat gold scrap together, gold plated scrap together, etc.). If you are unsure what to combine, you are welcome to call or email us to ask any questions.
- Make sure you include a note inside the package with all of your contact information, including: name, address, phone number, fax number and email address. Also include a list describing your material.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding shipping of precious metals, or anything else regarding our web site, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Anti-Money Laundering Campaign (AMLC) New Customer Information Form
All new customers must complete our secure online AMLC form.